How To Get Rid Of a Stye – Stye are a red pimple like bump that grows on the edge of your eye. They are very painful and irritating. It takes normally a time of 7-10 days to get rid of the stye in the eye. They can grow both inside and outside of you eyelids. A stye is rarely a serious medical issue and is harmless. Symptoms for stye are Pain, Swelling, tears and crust coming out of eyes. In the case of stye, you rarely need to consult your doctor.
How To Get Rid Of a Stye
How To Get Rid Of Stye
- Keep Stye Clean :- Wash your hands first and then dip the cotton ball in warm water. Now just clean the stye with it.
- Warm Compress:- Soak a clean towel in warm water and place on stye for 5 minutes to give it warm compress. DO it for 3 times a day.
- Don’t squeeze :- Don’t try to squeeze or pop the stye as it may increase the infection around it.
- Antibacterial Cream :- You can buy and use any antibacterial cream by consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Pain Killer :- If pain is enough and not bearable then you can take pain killer like ibuprofen and aspirin as per dosage on wrapper.
- Baby Shampoo:- Using baby shampoo for cleanse your eyelids and then rinse your eyes with warm water properly.
- Avoid Eye Makeups :- Avoid Doing eye makeups during this time as it will slow down the process of healing and chances of increasing infections are more.
- Avoid Contact Lens :- Avoid wearing lenses at this time and wear only glasses if you use them.
- Compress Tea Bag:- Boil water and dip green tea bag in it for a minute and take out. Now place it on eye for 5 minutes, it will also work to give you relief. Before putting the tea bag check the temperature of tea bag which you can put on eye easily to avoid burning of eye.
If Stye still doesn’t get over after one week and swelling has increased or eyesight is being affected then you need to seek medical attention immediately and consult your doctor.